Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing New York has an exciting opportunity for a Hands on Staff Accountant / Assistant Office Manager who will work independently and in conjunction with the Site Controller to manage accounting functions. The incumbent will manage various aspects of Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger to include multiple daily tasks, monthly reconciliations and corporate reporting. Also, the incumbent will be responsible for establishing professional relationships with bankers, vendors and customers in an effort to resolve issues effectively and efficiently. This is an Entry Level position!
- Work independently and in conjunction with Controller to manage accounting functions in a small office
- Manage various aspects of Purchasing, Accts Payable, Accts Receivable and General Ledger to include multiple daily tasks as well as monthly reconciliations and corporate reporting.
- Establish professional relationships with customers, vendors and bankers in an effort to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Participate in annual corporate audits, budgeting and close processes.
- Utilize expert skills in Great Plains and Excel
- Accounts Receivable:
- Process daily billing and report to corporate
- Post Cash to open invoices
- Reviews, handles and escalates AR issues
- Perform collection activity
- Reconcile AR and AFDA
- Report weekly cash forecast
- General Ledger:
- Work with controller to insure proper month end cut off
- Assist and back up entry of standard journal entries and reconciliations
- Office management:
- Sort and distribute mail daily
- Assist with office equipment maintenance
- Answer phones with all office personnel
- Act as backup for Purchasing and Accounts Payable when needed:
- Review purchase requisitions and negotiate pricing and terms with alternate sources
- Create purchase orders
- Reconcile monthly open order report
- Participate on corporate procurement team
- Post 3-part matching invoices
- Create weekly check run
- Reviews, handles and escalates AP issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and/or accounting is preferred
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent at managing priorities
- Proficient in Excel and Great Plains.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are mandatory in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.