Staff Accountant Downtown
The role of the Staff Accountant is responsible for operating with a high level of accountability and accuracy related to Accounting functions The Staff Accountant will perform general ledger accounting responsibilities for both legacy operations and recent acquisitions.
- Duties will focus on the month end close processes and assisting with the creation and management of controls and processes to ensure that an accurate accounting environment exists in which financial uncertainty is minimized.
- Perform general ledger accounting responsibilities for and its acquisitions, including month end processes.
- Review assigned accounts and prepare journal entries as necessary.
- Reconcile assigned accounts and prepare to adjust entries as needed.
- Prepare monthly variance and out of period summary for assigned accounts.
- Additional accounting tasks assigned from management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other business related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant corporate accounting experience is required.
- Drive for success, perseverance, technical knowledge, communication skills, business acumen, and integrity.
- Experience with Great Plains Software is a plus.
- Excel experience required (advanced formulas and pivot tables).
- Logistics experience preferred.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Adherence to timelines and strong internal/external customer service.
Click here to apply online