Staff Accountant - Norcross, GAJOB SUMMARY:
The Staff Accountant has responsibility for recording monthly activity for various assigned business units in a timely and accurate manner; collaborating with Management and other members of the Finance Department to maintain accurate financial statements; providing reports and information for external audit requirements; performing financial statement analysis, and initiating and assisting with special projects.DUTIES:
• Perform monthly, quarterly, and yearly closings that conform to GAAP for assigned business locations.
• Recording all journal entries to the general ledger in a timely and accurate manner.
• Reconcile accounts monthly, proposing corrections as needed.
• Ensure that transactional activity is coded accurately and financial reporting integrity is maintained.
• Analyze financial statements monthly and develop variance explanations for distribution to management.
• Preparing bank reconciliations.
• Middle office support and daily administration.
• Assisting with management reporting and the annual audit and tax process.
• Taking a leading role in smaller, less complex project/analyses.
• Supporting larger, more complex projects/analyses.QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field required
• Public experience a plus. 1-3 years total experience.
• 1-3 years’ experience with GL closing activities including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, periodic accruals, and accounting for fixed assets.
• Broad knowledge and experience in general and cost accounting concepts.
• Manufacturing experience preferred.
• General understanding of GAAP.
• Detailed with a strong passion for excellence.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Diligent at meeting deadlines.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general guidelines.
• Computer competency in the following:
o Excel (advanced spreadsheet skills desired)
o MS Word
o ERP system environment such as Oracle, SAP or other contemporary system preferred.Click here to apply online