Position: Senior Writer Language: Bilingual Intermediate Location: 200 Promenade du Portage, Gatineau QuebecSecurity: Secret Overview:
In May 2018, the Government of Canada issued a call to action to members of the philanthropic community, the private sector, not-for profit and non-governmental organizations to mobilize unprecedented levels of resources in support of gender equality and women’s rights in developing countries.
The Government of Canada announced that it will contribute up to $300 million to the Partnership for Gender Equality (the “Partnership”), with the objective of mobilizing additional resources from the private sector, philanthropic community, civil society and other donors to create a sustainable and predictable source of funding for women’s organizations and movements that advance women’s rights, gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls in developing countries.
In December, 2018, Global Affairs Canada launched an open request for expressions of interest (EoI) to design and manage the Partnership. The Department received a number of proposals which were assessed against the requirements contained in the EoI. Organizations that met the requirements in the EoI have been invited to submit a fully developed proposal by mid-April outlining their vision and plan as well as the capacity, experience, networks and track record required to design and manage the Partnership.
In parallel to the assessment process the program will be drafting a Treasury Board submission to be submitted in mid May and which will include a final recommendation on the proponent selected to stand up the Partnership for Gender Equality. This project is being delivered with ambitious timelines and is an important priority for the Department.What you will achieve in this role:
The division is seeking temporary support of a senior writer Senior level) to advise on and draft a Treasury Board submission meeting the quality, consistency and standards set out by Treasury Board. The candidate will be required to carry out the following duties:
What you must bring to this role:
- Provide advice and recommendations on the overall architecture and flow of the submission
- Draft significant portions of the submission and appendices and make revisions as required
- Liaise as necessary at the working level with TB to clarify requirements and/or respond to TB requests
- Liaise with functional and content specialists
(resource must have the following)
Typical duties will include:
- Full working level or specialist level. The incumbent plans, organizes and conducts a complete writing project. He or she may write high-level press releases, speeches, Memoranda to Cabinet and Treasury Board submissions for all audiences.
- Planning, organizing and conducting a complete writing project, including the selection of information sources
- Creating complex publications such as press releases, speeches and Memoranda to Cabinet
- Making changes to documents as marked after review by editors
- Secondary school diploma
- Certificate, diploma or degree in English or French or both, writing, literature, journalism or other related field from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience
Additional asset criteria:
- Relevant experience in writing for the federal government may be required
Only those who are qualified will be contacted
- Minimum of ten years of experience planning, organizing and conducting writing projects including the creation of Treasury Board submissions for the Government of Canada
- Minimum of ten years’ experience liaising with Central Agencies to develop Cabinet and Treasury Board documents
- Experience in international development