Outstanding opportunity to join a world leader in Retail. Position offers competitive salary plus 10% annual bonus target.
Our public, $12B in revenue Retail client is the world leader in their business model; they are expanding their IT division to accomodate continued strong growth.
Sr. Web Developer
- Work with other team members to build rich, compelling and highly interactive web sites and mobile experiences
- Strategize and develops proper flow of information, ensuring that design solutions integrate technical and business logic
- Consume and display data from back end APIs as needed
- Deliver world-class technology for our React-based websites and Node.js services and libraries
- Assist in the ongoing support of current systems and code base.
- Partner with product managers and stakeholders on a cross-functional team to drive projects forward
- Help mentor and foster technical and professional development of the team
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Digital Media or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years of total development experience with focus on front end web application development using HTML5, SCSS, jQuery, Foundation/Bootstrap, JSP
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with eCommerce applications using technologies such as React, Angular, NODE JS, ES6+, Babel, Webpack, Redux, Express JS, Bash and REST APIs
- Experience with Single Page Application architecture, Flux, and Redux
- Experience with React required
- Experience working in agile development environments
- Experience solving front-end performance and scalability challenges in high traffic web applications
- Ability to communicate well with others and solve problems as part of a team
- Confidence and drive to champion best-practices and new technologies
- Willingness to work with both state of the art and legacy systems
- Ability to learn and analyze new technologies quickly
- Experience interacting with commerce and search platforms such as ATG, Hybris, Demandware, SFCC, Endeca, Elastic Search and Solr is a plus
Nice to Have:
- Attendance or participation in conferences, hackathons, user groups, tech events.
- Project portfolio (Github, personal website, blog, codepen)
- Open source contributions