Our client company is a world leader in their Retail business model. This role has been added to support their strong international growth and digital efforts. Competitive salary is offered as well as a 15% target bonus and full relocation.
Sr. UI Architect / Engineer
We are looking for a Senior UI Architect who is motivated to make a difference in our our client's digital properties by creating reusable libraries, implementing complex solutions, encouraging quality code through conducting reviews/leading tests, and applying best in class UI. You will work with the UI/UX and backend team to allow various customers to use our best in class products as well as provide management responsibilities across a team of engineers that are building out our product.
- Ability to lead a team of engineers in the execution of numerous projects while applying Agile methodologies.
- Work with PMO to ensure the team can be successful with:
- Grooming sessions, user stories etc.
- Planning and Scoping of projects
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies
- Partner with Quality Assurance to produce scalable, secure and highly functional releases utilizing Agile methods and integrated development/test practices.
- Partner with DevOps to ensure stability and ease of deployments for our products
- Work with Engineering architecture to organize the team for feature development
- Partner with product managers and stakeholders on a cross-functional team to drive projects forward, provide leadership, and communicate vision to the team
- Help mentor and foster technical and professional development of the team
- Collaborate with Enterprise and Solution Architect to build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Build appropriate unit, integration and/or automated testing solutions
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science / Engineering or related discipline.
- HTML / CSS –Mastery of web fundamentals and a proven track record of applying it to complex enterprise systems.
- ReactJS – Mastery of the React framework and a solid track record of applying it to complex enterprise projects.
- Analytical Skills – Able to quickly translate business requirements into multiple technical design options allowing stakeholders to weigh pros and cons.
- Communication Skills – Must be able to convey their ideas to others via PowerPoint, Excel.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large teams, incorporating their ideas, and building consensus.
- Redux – Experience utilizing Redux for state management. is a major plus.
- Webpack – Experience using Webpack for bundling is a major plus.
- Containerization – Experience utilizing Docker, Kubernetes, Pivotal, etc. is a major plus.
- Agile – It is preferred that the candidate have experience working in an agile environment. The ability to think incrementally and releasing software in an evolving manner is a very important skill.
- Experience in SDLC including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience delivering enterprise customer facing solutions.
- 6+ years of indirect or direct technical leadership.
- Experience effectively managing multiple technology projects simultaneously.
- Experience interacting with commerce and search platforms such as ATG/Hybris/Demandware/SFCC/Endeca/Elastic Search/Solr is a plus
- Experience with Node JS a plus