Large International Automotive Company located in the Metro Detroit area is looking for a Systems Validation Engineer for our Electric Vehicle (EV) Systems engineering team. The validation engineer will perform a critical role in developing and executing both system and vehicle level validation tests for electric vehicle and electrified powertrain product. This role will have an immediate cross functional impact on the Verification and Validation of integrated electrified solution in Dana’s commercial vehicle business unit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with vehicle systems and development engineering team to develop DVP&R (Design Verification Plan and Report) at system and vehicle levels of electric vehicle and propulsion systems
- Lead the development of validation requirements, validation procedures, validation test cases
- Manage the overall execution of DVP&R to support the program timing, and work with project manager and engineering team leads to prioritize test plans
- Document and track all issues discovered by validation testing activities and lead root cause analysis and issue resolution efforts, with the emphasis on system and vehicle level
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D01#LI-01
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of validation experience in automotive or commercial vehicle industry.
- Strong background in high voltage propulsion systems, high or low voltage auxiliary systems, vehicle control systems, battery system and power distribution units
- Development validation requirements, test plans and test procedures based on technical specifications at component, system and vehicle level
- Execution of system and vehicle level DVP/Rs, design issues detection during validation testing and provide design improvement feedback to design teams
- Experience with Vector or other relevant CAN analysis tools
- Experienced with automotive environmental, electrical, EMI/EMC and durability validation, requirements, and standards