My client is looking for Sr. System Protection Engineer to provide expert engineering services and support. In this role you will be expected to successfully manage all assignment in a safe, compliant, and efficient manner. You will also serve as a technical representative for the company in various public and corporate settings.
Responsibilities of the Sr. System Protection Engineer:
- Serve as technical expert interfacing with clients, consultants, and other company departments
- Design and oversee the installation of generation, transmission, and distribution facility upgrades and replacements
- Deliver technical assistance and support for system protection and power engineering to member systems G&T operations, G&T maintenance, generation production, and transmission planning
- Manage multiple projects while collaborating with and mentoring other team members
- Monitor progress of project plans to ensure projects are completed in a safe and timely manner, taking corrective action if needed
- Provide system protection inputs in establishing the arrangement and location of substation facilities
- Develop and/or utilize new technologies to generation, transmission, and distribution facilities to ensure an ideal level of protection
- Provide all NERC and CIP compliance support related to generation and transmission system protection standards and SERC PCWG committee representation
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressively responsible engineering work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school
- Registered Professional Engineering license required; registered in the Commonwealth of Kentucky preferred
Please submit your resume to be considered for this opportunity with a well-established, electric generation and transmission company.