The Sr. Staff Accountant / Assistant Controller will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation. This includes managing accounting records, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue and ensuring accuracy of financial information. This position will provide financial analysis and reports, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
Reports to the Controller and is located at their office in Lombard, IL.
• Support all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
• Lead for month-end and year-end close process including general ledger journal entries, Balance Sheet account reconciliations
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial and cash forecasts and report variances
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
• Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
• Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
• Maintain an electronic accounting filing system
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
• Conduct and provide regular budget consolidation
• Managing financial transactions.
• Additional accounting duties as necessary
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Minimum five to seven years of progressive accounting experience
• CPA or CMA preferred or working towards certification
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Experience with financial statements preparation
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Required and NetSuite Preferred
• Excellent accounting software user and High level of Excel proficiency
• Must be able to prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines while handling multiple tasks
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Position may move into Assistant Controller position
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.