Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Senior Software Engineering/Developer at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace is looking for a high performing Senior Software Engineering/Developer to join the development team at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, MB. This is a full-time position, reporting directly into the site Space Systems Business Unit Lead.
The successful applicant will work in a team environment supporting Space Business products, including satellite avionics, payload interfaces, attitude control systems, ground support software, and test software. The Software Engineering position will work to develop software solutions to complex customer requirements.
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements.
- Development of software architecture to implement customer requirements.
- Participation in the specification, definition, design, code and test of Space products.
- Definition and implementation of software management processes, including configuration management, QA, specification, development, and validation and test.
- Development of software for real-time embedded systems and general support tools.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Successful completion of a university degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science from a recognized university.
- Experience in developing code to implement complex software requirements.
- Experience working on a team using Software Development Methodologies including Agile.
- Eligible for Canadian Controlled Goods Registration.
- Eligible for Security Clearance to “NATO Secret” level.
- Eligibility for enrollment as an “Engineer in Training” or “Professional Engineer” with APEGM would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with C/C++, Python, Tcl, Linux, VxWorks and RTEMS would also be considered an asset.
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to think and solve problems efficiently and independently.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated team worker/leader who possesses good problem solving skills.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.