Our well-known Retail client company is building out a significant team targeting SEM and is allocating resources and management focus to achieve key goals. This new role is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and take on management challenges and hands-on SEM strategies. The compensation package includes a very market competitive salary, bonus, relocation and strong benefits.
Sr. SEM Specialist
My client is #1 in the U.S. in their business model, and they are increasingly relying on paid search to get their products in front of relevant consumers and are looking for a Senior SEM Specialist. For our client purposes, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) refers to ads placed on search engines, like Google or Bing, that appear in response to a user’s search terms. This includes text ads (Paid Search or PPC) and product listing and local inventory ads (Google Shopping).
You will find opportunities to drive growth and improve efficiency while adapting to the changing paid search landscape. You’ll have support from agency and internal business partners. Build excellent relationships with them to drive traffic and sales to our client's website and stores (Over 6,000 retail stores, with international locations as well). If you have a track record of solving problems with an analytical approach, you’ll drive substantial growth for the business. This role will supervise typically 2-3 SEM Specialists and support personnel, so management experience is desired. We will consider candidates with limited or no prior management experience who are proficient in SEM and who have worked on large enterprise projects which have given them leadership opportunities.
- Perform keyword research, write ad copy, develop search traffic estimates, segment keywords into campaign structures and align them based on goals and identify optimization opportunities
- Optimize and manipulate product feeds using Google Merchant Center and ChannelAdvisor
- Monitor, gather and analyze program performance and provide actionable insights
- Discover opportunities to expand campaigns and test growth opportunities ad copy, landing page, match type, avg. position, and dayparts
- Conduct research (industry, competitive, etc.), create presentations, and provide regular communication to stakeholders and agency (written and verbal)
- Perform frequent data manipulation and interpretation exercises with tools like Excel, Google Data Studio, and PowerBI
- Day to day engagement, collaboration, and partnering with agency, search engine partners, and internal stakeholders
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, write clear emails, be friendly and patient, and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- 3+ years retail experience working with large paid search programs with a significant Google Shopping presence
- Hands-on expertise optimizing performance of Google Shopping campaigns, both Product Listing Ads and Local Inventory Ads, is strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency in Excel, dashboard creation and pivot tables
- Experience with bid management tools such as Google Search Ads 360, Kenshoo, or Marin
- Experience with analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, SEMRush, SpyFu, and AdGooRoo
- Bachelor’s degree required