BCTGs direct client is looking for an Sr SAP Transportation Management SME for a new roll out. This is a 1-year remote assignment. Contractor will need to go onsite when we go live at locations – they will be expected to be on-site providing support for the hyper care duration (typically 3-4 weeks).
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requirement analysis and Business Blue Printing, Functional Specifications, and end to end solution architecture.
- Propose Standard and Custom solutions after Fit/Gap analysis.
- Understand business objectives, research, and provide guidance, options, and proof of concepts (if appropriate) to solve business technology needs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies/capabilities in the SAP Transportations Management.
- Serve as a key support resource for the implementation team.
- Utilize proper testing and documentation techniques to ensure successful delivery of project and support work.
- Prepare Functional Specifications, Documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop training documents, perform testing and deliver end-user training.
- Document and coordinate project go-live activities and provide post-project hyper care support.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- 10+ years of experience in SAP Transportation Management from Strategic Freight Management, Order Management, Transportation Planning and Execution along with Freight Settlement.
- Experience in SAP TM SCM 9.0 or higher and S/4 HANA 1809 or higher is preferred.
- Experience in ERP-TM and TM-EWM
- Freight Unit building/ Dynamic Freight Unit building, Package building, Carrier Schedule based Optimizer Planning, Load Planning, Transportation and Warehouse Execution, GIS, Subcontracting, Vendor Agreements and Inter/Intra Company Settlements.
- Experience with EWM TU creation and confirmation back to SAP TM.
- Experience with end to end EDI communication in SAP TM and B2B Carrier.