Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
San Jose, Costa Rica
QA Engineers at Schoolmint work within cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and product managers. As a QA Engineer, you are the native client app QA expert for your team, though you still have the opportunity to test other aspects of the system. You will work closely with our product designers to ensure features are well defined and testable, and to keep the overall test plan up to date with product priorities. You will engage with our customer service team to help escalate customer issues when needed. You will collaborate with app engineers to understand risks and to communicate found issues.
Day to day your work will include writing test cases, doing exploratory testing, and verifying new features. At appropriate times you will restructure test plans and automate the test cases for which it makes sense. For releases you regression test new features and changed components.
SchoolMint is an online recruitment, enrollment and communication platform for K-12 schools that is used by hundreds of schools in more than 45 cities and 16 states in the US. Our team comes from MIT, Harvard, USC, UC Berkeley, The Climate Corporation, Edmodo, Apple, Pearson and Teach For America. Headquartered in San Francisco, SchoolMint is well-funded by reputed venture capital firms like New Schools Venture Fund, Crosslink Capital, Kapor Capital, Runa Capital and Imagine K12 as well as some amazing angel investors pioneering the technology and education world.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of QA Testing experience
- Ability to write clear test cases, structured test plans, and detailed bug reports
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems and test case management tools
- Experience recording automated tests and executing automation suites
- Experience using Grey Box testing Tools
- Passion for great Mobile Apps and knowledge of their ecosystems
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Organization skills, a detail oriented nature, and a desire to continually improve process efficiency
- Eye for visual or interaction design
- Programming or white box testing experience
- Self motivated, detail oriented, and collaborative
Click here to apply online
- Flexible schedule with extreme importance to quality of work rather than number of hours spent.
- High performers get rewarded frequently
- We are growing in Costa Rica, early employees will have lots of opportunity to grow themselves in various roles in the company
- Team lunches once per week
- Team activities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Casual working enviroment
- Work from Home days
- Snacks and Lounge area
- Office is located in San Pedro, Montes de Oca