Candidate will be a degreed engineer, preferably a Mechanical Engineering Degree, with 15-20 years of experience in the cement or lime plant experience, with a focus on capital projects and new equipment installs. This person will be responsible for all capital projects at three lime plants and two limestone plants. This position will travel 50% of the time to the plants where the capital improvement projects are ongoing. Must have previous capital project experience, including previous experience engineering process improvements in a lime or cement plant. Position will report to VP.
- Communicate with Company Leadership and Plant Leadership effectively and in a variety of methods including Project Presentations, daily update emails, weekly/monthly scheduling meetings, project planning meetings, Capital Project Budgeting and Review meetings.
- Plan, Organize, and Execute process improvements projects. Build ROI business case for improvement projects as part of the Capital Project review and approval process.
- Work with Vendors, Contractors, and Plant Maintenance Teams to procure parts, services, and equipment needed for project planning and project execution.
- Lead and take part in root-cause failure analysis activities in order to assist plant leadership with proper decision making and next steps planning when there are equipment failures.
- Ensure safe and healthy work environment for employees.
- Observe and enforce all Federal Mine Safety and Health regulations.
- Address and resolve all safety issues
- Observe and enforce all Company Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Communicate safety and health issues with upper management.