OVERVIEW AND BACKGROUND:
This role will be for our first team member to join in Toronto and the key aspect will be to support the application after London office hours and before Hong Kong and Guangzhou team log in.
Major Challenges: The rapidly changing landscape of the Middle Office & Regulatory business requires a flexible approach to be able to adapt to evolving Business needs while ensuring integrity of Production systems at all times. Recent Regulatory requirements have led to a huge growth in system usage and data storage.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience in working in global enterprise level organizations + fast-paced environments
- 5+ years experience with Production Support
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal and presentational – including communication to end-users and senior Business stakeholders
- Proven track record of supporting and monitoring complex application
- Basic Unix skills
- Experience working with the Tick stack (Grafana / Influx DB)
- Experience working with Mongo DB
- Experience with version control (being to checkout and clone a Git repo)
- Ability to work flexibly
- Able to assimilate new knowledge quickly and adaptable to change
- Ability to work in a team
- Analytical skills to assist in the resolution of complex issues that may be time sensitive
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Some previous exposure to Python and Jupyter notebook
- Experience with Ansible deployment
- Experience of working with messaging technologies – especially Solace.
- Experience of Agile methodologies and delivering application change in an Agile fashion.
- End to end accountability for a service production support during a dedicated time zone. This will require to:
- Liaise with other engineers, architects, and business stakeholders to understand the end to end data flow, which aspect of the application are critical and propose improvement to facilitate the monitoring of the platform.
- Understand the application data and how to query it to trouble shoot it, using Python and Jupyter notebook
- Help to deploy new component in different environment
- Contribute to the overall integration testing and verification of the platform
- Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team,
- Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered.
- Contribute to some development aspect on the project, either around UI development or Python development, based on preferred skillset
- Service Management
- Ensure use of Niku is reviewed, documented, communicated and adhered to
- Provide application and technical support for front and back office users.
- Act as conduit to external parties, within and outside, for support services.
- Monitor service availability and activity to ensure optimum usage and performance.
- Incident Management
- Crisis call participation and management. Report on service availability – including recording and logging of incidents in a timely manner.
- Communication to user community and senior stakeholders
- Problem Management
- Managing the lifecycles of all problems and ensuring that incidents are prevented and to minimise the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.
- Performing trend analysis of important services or historical incidents. Working with other Dev Ops engineers to provide permanent solutions – to prevent recurrence of incidents.
- Ensure that all server activities are conducted in compliance with group standards, security and audit regulations to include user, data and application interfaces.