Sr. PV Designer (Solar) (Remote Role)
The Sr. PV Design Engineer is responsible for taking the lead on PV designs and designing code-compliant solar photovoltaic systems.
The Sr. PV Design Engineer position relies heavily on civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts and calculations. The PV Design Engineer will work with our Operations, Estimating, Project Management, and Business Development teams to design high-quality and efficient solar PV systems. Responsibilities include PV system design and layout, performing energy production analysis, and providing technical support to the operations and construction teams.
- Lead engineer and designer for development and utility scale PV arrays and related systems.
- Main point of contact within Engineering for other teams interfacing with Engineering during design and development.
- Create code-compliant PV system layout, proposal design, and detailed construction drawings using PV Design, PV Case and AutoCAD.
- Develop single-line and three-line diagrams with required electrical details, based on on-site photos and PV system design.
- Generate energy production report using PV Syst.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and local jurisdictional safety standards, practices, and codes.
- Support for estimating process.
- Support interconnection and incentives application process as needed.
- Visit projects for site assessment for photovoltaic installation.
- Attend meetings with clients, subcontractors, and vendors regarding engineering and technical issues related to the PV system.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Electrical Engineer.
- Support Construction teams with engineering and related constructability issues as they may arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a combination of education and appropriate experience preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in AutoCAD, highly efficient in AutoCAD.
- Electrical Power Systems background preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with teams.
- Detail-oriented individual.
- Highly motivated, driven and results-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work location: Hybrid
- FE, preferred
- NABCEP, preferred
- 401k with a match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Eligible for a discretionary bonus
Apply or email Ryan Adolph at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please select how you would like to apply for the position and follow the prompts