SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Raleigh, NC area (zip code 27524)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Site leader in the development of site strategy.
- Ensure daily Distribution Center operations run efficiently, effectively, and safely.
- Use metrics to report on progress (i.e., cost per case/line shipped, site budgeted distribution center expense as a percent of sales, inventory, etc.)
- Work with internal Business Unit clients to ensure regular and clear expectations and communications resulting in appropriate customer expectations that are always met or exceeded.
- Using logic and data, identify issues, analyze their root causes, make recommendations to address them, and develop and implement corrective action plans.
- Initiate and lead process and continuous improvements that will enhance productivity, cost savings, safety, etc.
- Lead Operations Managers. Model and apply the BD Way philosophy and execute the BD People leader expectations.
- Hold direct reports for doing the same with their associates.
- Develop and implement programs consistent with the Integrated Supply Chain Labor strategy to ensure the site is fully staffed with high quality, engaged associates, zero mandatory overtime is required, and associates are cross trained, etc.
- Work with other DCs and groups (EHS, Quality, Transportation, HR, etc.) to share best practices and ensure a high performing site.
- Play a significant role on special projects that arise at the site or across North America Supply Chain.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, talking, hearing, and sitting, use of hands to type and repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The employee may occasionally be required to stand, stoop, climb, reach, push, pull, grasp, and twist.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree; at least 10 years of experience (preferred) directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Comprehensive applied knowledge and expertise, gained at a professional level, in all aspects of the area of focus applicable to the specified role.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles and processes of computerized business and operating systems.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of integrated program planning, development, and administration within a public institution environment.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree; at least 10 years of experience (preferred) directly related to the duties and re
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing
Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work.
Sr. Operations Manager Four Oaks NC