The Sr. Office Administrator will manage the day-to-day office operations of our organization to keep it running smoothly while providing HR and clerical support to management and its Affiliated companies.
The essential responsibilities of the position are listed below in the following key areas:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage overall administrative support
- Provide appropriate employee support for programs and policies
- Act as a liaison and maintain good communication with external parties, vendors, government, clients and employees.
- Draft and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Manage legal documents and correspondence in strict confidence
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Managing Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Provide support for executives and other visitors to include business travel, hotel, transportation, scheduling and arranging meetings to ensure smooth travel and efficient business productivity
- Provide translation / interpretation support; translate business documents, prepare presentations and other assignments from Japanese to English or English to Japanese
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and filing systems
- Ensure offices are adequately supplied and equipped; responsible for office purchasing needs including all supplies, computers, printers, refreshments, etc.
- Ensure the office is kept clean and functional at all times.
- Answer and direct phone calls. Greet and assist visitors to the office
- Manage time attendance for payroll, benefit management and on-boarding paperwork for corporation and its alliated companies
- Maintain digital and electronic HR records
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Performs other duties as assigned by upper management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree: or its equivalent experience in business, or related field.
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- 3-5 years of administrative assistant experience required, in a corporate establishment preferred.
- Strong work ethic supported by a pleasant and positive attitude
- Excellent polite and persuasive communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with power to prioritize and multitask
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Intermediate proficiency such as Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook
- High sense of urgency. Ability to meet deadlines
- Authorized to work in the US