Senior Occupational Health and Safety Specialist - $40.89/hour
The State of Arizona is looking for a Senior Occupational Health and Safety Specialist with experience in environmental protection who are passionate about their career and the agency's mission. This position will report to the Deputy Division Direct and manage the internal occupational safety and health program.
This is a full-time, 40 hour/ week position.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive agency-wide occupational health and safety program to prevent injury, occupational illness and damage to property.
- Assess facility and site inspections or drills, job hazards analyses, leading and lagging indicators, and other evaluations to identify hazards and potential risks.
- Develop & manage safety trainings applicable for the entire agency.
- Ensure our current Safety Programs adhere to the administrative, statutory and regulatory requirements and other health and safety laws.
- Ensure the safety programs are aligned to the to Arizona Management System (AMS).
- Oversee the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), medical monitoring and respirator fit testing programs.
- Oversee purchasing of training courses and supplies, following established policies and guidelines for state and agency purchases.
- Manage agency safety manual policies and standard works.
- Investigate incidents or accidents to determine causes and create preventive measures to be taken to avoid recurrence.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in safety engineering, occupational health, environmental health, industrial engineering, or a closely related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in safety, accident prevention, environmental health, industrial hygiene or occupational risk management.
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Graduate Safety Professional (GSP) or equivalent certification is required. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent certification is preferred.
- In State Travel is up to 25% of this positions time for supporting our field staff working outdoors.
- Knowledge of OSHA, ADEQ, ADOSH laws, ordinances, rules and regulations on occupational safety and health; of principles and practices of budget preparation and administration; of principles and techniques of employee training; of principles of hazardous materials and waste management, RCRA and OSHA classifications; of safety compliance and general liability risk management issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly, facilitate resolution of projects, problems; to plan, and implement a comprehensive health &safety program; to build and maintain positive working relationships with ADEQ employees and contractors.
- Experience in Safety management system such as ISO 18001 or 45001, data analysis and reporting software is required.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce at all levels of the agency professionally and with discretion.
- Experience with data management, reporting and developing metrics.
- A self-starter with a proven commitment to accuracy and service.
- A proven passion for strong customer service with interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at email@example.com