Bull City Talent Group's direct client has an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of network engineering experience, be well versed in wireless technologies, have experience with Cisco switches, and be an excellent communicator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical leadership and light managerial oversight for a multi-city expansion of distribution center footprint.
- Review existing facilities with Distribution Leadership and cabling vendors to design appropriate network equipment and low-voltage layout.
- Design wireless network (WiFi) coverage plan that will support handheld and wearable distribution/industrial equipment throughout the facility.
- Assist distribution leaders and cabling company in identify challenges and workaround for site deployments.
- Recommend appropriate WAN connectivity solutions per facility. A combination of wireless MESH, VPN, MPLS, and other solutions will be available to connect new facilities to existing WAN.
- Complete configuration of new network equipment staging and installation with typical buildout happening at company HQ to validate working configuration before shipping.
- Ability to travel frequently during this engagement, at roughly 50% of the time.
- Ability to support installation efforts that could happen over weekends or require flexibility of late hours during the work week.
- Prefer familiarity with the following technologies: Aruba wireless solutions, AAA solutions and 802.1x, SD-WAN and WAN acceleration platforms, Layer-2 and Layer-3 switches (Cisco, Arista, HPE/Aruba), Cellular backup solutions
- Protocol knowledge required: RADIUS/802.1x, Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, OSPF, BGP, IPSec VPN,
- General understanding of low voltage cabling practices and requirements for a retrofit or new buildout
- Design of floorplans and as-built documentation in Visio and typical Microsoft Office Solutions
- Ensure applicable monitoring/network management platforms are provisioned for new facilities and alerts/notifications of operational incidents are working as intended.
- 5+ years of experience with low voltage and network design, background in industrial facilities is preferred.