Sr. Mechanical Engineering Technician
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Type / Hours: Contract
Job Code: EB-1071968740
Rate: $18.00 - $22.00/hr, depends on experience
Tekberry is looking for highly qualified and motivated Sr. Mechanical Engineering Technician to work on-site with our client, a top-tier technology company in Santa Rosa, CA. This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidates working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Work with engineers to build and deploy equipment. Can repair and perform routine maintenance on machinery as per established standards.
- Able to dissemble, diagnose and repair industrial equipment. Able to read and follow engineering blue prints and work instructions. Has strong competency with tools/tooling and measurement equipment.
- AA Degree in engineering and/or related discipline with 2+ years industry experience or B.S. degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline preferred (either a new grad and/or no related industry experience).
- Working knowledge of engineering principles and practices. Experience in optical field is a plus.
- Work with limited oversight and supervision.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues to determine resolution and/or fix.
- Work on electrical and mechanical systems.
- Strong math skills.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD design or other program design (Solidworks) helpful.
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite (Word; Excel).
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.