Our TN-based, Fortune 300 client, is a leader in their retail business segment with sales and profit increases year-after-year and record-breaking earnings for 2019. Forbes also recognized them as being one of America's Best Employers.
Reporting to the Sr. Marketing Manager of Customer Analytics, you will play a crucial role on one of the company's fast-growing teams by leveraging data to develop and present stories that drive Marketing and business strategies in a data-driven organization. You will structure and manage projects that translate customer data into actionable insights that influence business decisions through appropriate quantitative approaches, statistical measures, and analyses. In this highly visible role, you will present your findings and recommendations to multiple internal groups in the company, including Senior leadership.
As a data manipulation and data mining subject matter expert, you will support cross-functional stakeholders and executives' analysis and reporting needs. Managing the analysis and interpretation of a wide variety of customer data and research, you will also generate reports, monitor the customer experience in stores and online, and make recommendations to improve departmental reporting that directly impacts EBITA. You will also assist with planning and forecasting sales, providing strategic direction to Marketing through analysis of data and customer audience insights that improve marketing campaigns' effectiveness.
Leading strategic conversations across the organization and with senior leadership teams, you must be a clear communicator, critical thinker, self-motivated, capable of taking on multiple projects with increasing complexity levels and possess a strong quantitative background. Having a fervent curiosity about consumer behavior and psychology is a must. Once it is safe to do so, relocation will be required.
- Leverage analytics expertise in data manipulation and data mining to understand customer behavior and incentives based on customer behavioral data, demographics, segmentation, and market basket data.
- Extract customer data, including customer profile info, campaign response, and transaction data, from existing systems and resources using SAS and SQL tools.
- Ensure data integrity by leveraging proven methodologies, including data reconciliation, data integration, and data audits.
- Identify statistical approaches; build and implement customer data models and reporting to support the business.
- Conduct exploratory analysis of customer and transaction data and competitive and industry activities to identify new opportunities for business improvements.
- Define, measure, and report on key business performance metrics for current and new initiatives.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for advanced test design and evaluation – including power sampling techniques and determining statistical significance (chi-square, t-test, ANOVA, correlation, etc.)
- Prepare and present actionable insights to senior leadership, address key questions, and drive omnichannel customer retention, reactivation, and acquisition strategies.
- Effectively communicate – actively listen to others' needs, internally and externally – to understand and provide accurate information or solutions.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or a related analytical degree. A Master's degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in Retail Marketing or Consumer Marketing, focusing on customer analytics and/or data mining and preparing/presenting insights to cross-functional business partners, including Senior and Executive levels of leadership.
- Proficiency in query language (e.g., SQL or equivalent), statistical software (e.g., SAS or equivalent), and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau).
- Experience using basic statistical techniques, such as multiple (non)linear regression, survival analysis, clustering, decision trees, event-based modeling, or others.
- Fluency in and/or understanding of AI platforms and AI techniques.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills with sound knowledge of statistical and forecasting methods.
- Solid understanding of and/or experience working with tag management systems and analytical platform integrations is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; able to communicate complex ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, meeting aggressive deadlines, prioritizing appropriately, and responding to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude.
- Proven track record as a self-starter, taking ownership and driving results.
- Expertise with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Passion for data and using it to better understand customer behavior.