Rapyd is growing our worldwide marketing team and we are seeking an accomplished Sr. Manager/Director of Product Marketing. This is a highly visible and cross-functional role that will work across the organization with product management, business development/sales, and customer success to develop and execute a world-class go-to-market strategy for Rapyd’s industry leading technology solutions and core verticals.
The right candidate has a deep understanding of the global payments and commerce landscape and is able to create compelling and high-impact narratives for Rapyd’s ground breaking “FinTech-as-a-Service” platform. A gifted storyteller you thrive at developing holistic positioning and messaging, and have experience leading global product launch efforts.
You will be a key leader within the Marketing team, heading up our go-to-market strategy for new products and features, including: competitive analysis, targeting, positioning, messaging, and sales enablement. You will work closely with the product organization to understand our product strategy and provide market feedback that shapes our roadmap.
- Define and document the buyer’s journey across a variety of use cases, developing buyer personas, product positioning, differentiated value propositions, and messaging that will be used in go-to-market strategy and ongoing marketing programs.
- Formulate and lead global product launches including both internal training and external market-facing efforts as Rapyd brings new capabilities to market, and identify and pursue new vertical market opportunities and use cases.
- Work closely with the executive team, marketing, PR, product, sales, and client success organizations to ensure launch activities are aligned and coordinated.
- Identify and co-develop with the marketing team the necessary go-to-market sales tools and enablement capabilities including market analysis, competitive assessments, battlecards, targeting and sales collateral that will be used to support the buyer’s journey.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of core marketing content and thought leadership that tells the Rapyd story and positions the organization in the current hyper-growth phase of our market evolution ensuring awareness and engagement occur across the marketing channels.
- Manage Rapyd’s relationship with the payments and commerce industry analyst communities keeping key them updated on our product evolution and market success.
- Create a trusted relationship as a key partner to the product team providing key insights, segmentation data that help inform the Rapyd product roadmap.
- Lead competitive analysis efforts to ensure Rapyd product differentiators are well understood by our sales and partner teams. Develop benchmarks and content to position Rapyd against other solutions.
- Represent Rapyd at select marketing events including speaking engagements at conferences and webinars.
- Manage win/loss reviews and provide feedback to the sales and marketing organizations regarding the company’s ongoing performance as part of a continual learning approach to improve and refine go-to-market strategies.
- 7-10+ years of product marketing experience working in the payments ecosystem with eCommerce merchants, acquirers, banks, lenders, and FinTech organizations.
- Given the global nature of the Rapyd business an understanding of cross-border payments and local/regional payment systems and payments issues both in and outside of the US is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of working with product management to understand product strategy and translate that into revenue impact producing go-to-market activities.
- Ability to lead and manage complex, cross-functional projects to completion.
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills - you are an excellent
communicator. You are also comfortable and experienced communicating directly with experts in the payments space at both the “C” level and with key business and technical stakeholders that are Rapyd clients or potential prospects.
- A comfort level articulating technical concepts that both business and developer stakeholders can understand.
- Self-motivated, able to provide and receive feedback to constantly improve, and comfortable in changing environment that is fast-paced, typical of high-growth start-ups.
- Results oriented, you keep on top of deadlines and ensuring required stakeholders are informed of issues and progress.
- Experience in developer marketing is not required but is a plus.