Title: Sr. Manager, Product Development
Location: New York, NYGeneral Summary:
The Sr. Manager, Product Development supports the strategic management of multiple product classifications across multiple channels of business. This individual partners with the cross functional team (Merchandising, Design and Sales) and external vendor partners to develop, source, and place programs that achieve financial goals and support the brand. The Sr. Manager, Product Development proactively seeks opportunities to leverage resources across categories and businesses to drive operational efficiency and standardization.Position Responsibilities:
• Manage and drive the development, sourcing, and placement of programs on a seasonal basis, emphasizing quality and maintaining brand margin goals.
• Build and maintain strong partnerships with cross-functional merchant and design departments to develop long- term strategies to achieve the goals of the business within the parameters of cost targets and delivery schedules.
• Drive business by keeping focus on the sourcing goals and initiatives; lead team in adjusting to changing priorities.
• Partner with merchandising to maintain an awareness of brand key items and overall assortment across classifications while considering cost containment and set margin goals.
• Partner with design to gain an understanding of seasonal concepts and design direction across classifications to guide the appropriate allocation plan.
• Guide team in the resolution of production issues while upholding internal and external partnerships.
• Analyze processes, resources, and techniques across classifications and create plans to drive efficiencies and standardizations.
• Partner with vendors across margin challenged categories to deliver vendor innovation meeting while meeting our cost targets and margin goals.
• Manage deadlines in accordance with the corporate calendar across all channels of business; find creative solutions to calendar issues throughout the production process.
• Manage raw material commitments as needed to position the brand.
• Investigate ways to shorten lead-times and increase flexibility within our supply chain.
• Communicate and enforce Nautica’s production, quality, and delivery requirements with all team members and suppliers.
• Lead change; coach team of three in a rapid changing business environment.
• Direct team’s responsibilities to ensure accomplishment of department goals and deadlines. Position Requirements:
• 8+ years of experience in Production/Product Development (Discounter and Clubs experience preferred, but not required)
• Clear and thorough understanding of the product development and production process
• Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills
• Strong Retail Math skills
• Strong cost negotiation skills across wide range of categories and materials
• Proficiency in MS Office, with a strong emphasis on Excel and Word
• Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
• Flexible, organized, team player
• Knits and Wovens product category experienceSPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).
#LI-JD1Click here to apply online