Strategic Sourcing Activities:
· Lead the development and execution of activities, to support Cross Dock & Store Delivery Transportation movements within service level expectations and budgeted costs.
· Responsible for the development, procurement and sustainability of a service provider network to meet and exceed the requirements of our client consistent with the supply-chain strategy. The service provider network must support cost controls, performance metrics, capacity requirements, company growth and business continuity.
· Develop and refine provider Cost+ rate structures that enable provider accountability, cost savings with productivity and process improvements, and support organizations budgeting requirements.
· Develop and direct strategic initiatives to support expense targets, required performance standards, capacity requirements, and future growth opportunities.
· Develop executable Business Continuity strategy to minimize interruptions with inventory flow.
· Negotiate provider contracts and agreements limiting organization risk.
· Develop budget and 5-year financial plans aligned to strategic cross-dock & Store delivery plans and Ross financial targets.
· Develop strategic bid plans considering current and future industry state, aligning to the strategic cross-dock & store delivery transportation plans and financial targets.
· Strategic plans should include market mitigation of transportation, warehouse and labor costs.
· Responsible for benchmarking and industry outlook reviews, supporting the ability to meet current and future financial targets and the refinement of current and future strategic and financial objectives.
· Responsible to drive negotiations to control costs.
· Develop, validate and facilitate award scenarios, recommendations, executive materials, executive reviews and implementation of solution.
- Ensure timely systemic implementation and communications resulting from all rate, capacity and provider assignment negotiations to required business partners.