Our client is a $4B public Retailer that is highly profitable and growing. This is a great opportunity to join their winning team.
The Senior Manager of Compensation & Benefits is responsible for driving total rewards programs and initiatives across 200 stores in five states. This individual must partner closely with the Director of Compensation & Benefits, Director of Field Human Resources and members of the senior management team to design and develop total rewards programs that are competitive within the industry, help to attract and retain top talent and are consistent with building a high-performance organization. This role is responsible for researching, planning, developing, recommending and implementing total rewards philosophies and programs that align with the Company’s strategic objectives and competitive practices. Responsible for ensuring compliance with government regulations and laws including reporting requirements.
More specifically, the Senior Manager of Compensation & Benefits will:
- Develop and maintain the Company's benefits and total compensation structure including annual compensation planning policy.
- Obtain and analyze competitive and market data to ensure the competitiveness of total rewards programs and make program design recommendations, as needed.
- Research program design and industry best practices, legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments to guide development of compensation strategy, policies, plans and programs.
- Prepare analyses and documentation on benefits and compensation programs for review by the Director of Compensation & Benefits and SVP of Human Resources.
- Partner with internal and external resources to design, develop and administer compensation and benefits programs.
- Prepare communications needed to implement the Company's annual compensation and benefits programs (e.g., benefits open enrollment, annual merit increase process).
- Supervise the management and administration of various associate benefits programs, including:
- Medical and Dental plans for both active and terminated
- Short and Long-term Disability Programs
- FMLA and state mandated leave plans
- 401k Savings Plan
- Non-Qualified Supplemental Executive Retirement Compensation Plan
- Group Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits offerings
- Act as liaison between associates, and insurance providers to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of the plan. Resolve related issues with broker and account representatives.
- Partner with the Associate Benefits Broker and Insurance Carriers on implementing new benefits programs/changes and preparing communications/announcements, materials, booklets, and other media for communicating the plans to associates.
- Follows ACA compliance regulations and leads the filing of returns to the IRS and 1095-C forms to associates.
- Oversees 401(k) administration and compliance activities including non-discrimination testing, and Form 5500 filings.
- Manages annual 401(k) audit process including census preparation, coordinating with recordkeepers, independent auditors and other relevant parties.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5 - 10 years of corporate compensation and benefits management experience with a multi-site retail organization(s) demonstrating best-in-class practices and strategies.
- Command of the following skill areas: strategic thought leadership; financial acumen; data analytics; problem-solving; oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated success in designing and managing innovative programs tailored to unique business challenges.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations concerning compensation and benefits.
- Ability to conduct complex research and analysis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft business programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Explorer.
- Experience with human capital management (HCM) systems.
- Strategic Thinker: Big picture thinker who anticipates future trends and ensures HR practices and actions are aligned with organizational goals. Values innovation and creative problem-solving. Effectively blends creativity with excellence. Not rigidly tied to one approach or philosophy.
- Business Acumen: Builds effective relationships and influences others while navigating through the organizations formal and informal processes to get things done.
- Results Orientation: Demonstrates a passion and sense of urgency to overcome obstacles and achieve measurable results. Resourceful and driven. Willing to get hands dirty and personally drive projects and timelines. Strong planning, organizing, delegating and decision-making abilities.
- Self Confidence: Willing to take calculated risks. Offers a point of view, takes a position and challenges assumptions. Balances confidence with openness to others’ ideas; gives credit where it is due.
- Superior Interpersonal Skills/Team Orientation: Ability to interact easily with all levels within the organization; tactful; mature; flexible. High level of collaboration and influencing skills.
- Superior Communication Skills: Written, verbal and presentation. Understands importance of frequent and effective communication. Understands audiences’ needs and desires and can respond well on their feet.
- Culture and Change Agent: Ability to translate the organization’s mission, vision and values into actions that help shape culture and drive change.
- Character: Does the right thing. Highly professional and ethical with unquestioned integrity.
Bachelor’s Degree is required. An MS or MBA degree is highly desirable; SPHR and CEBS certifications are strongly preferred.