Sr. Linux Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer deploys custom software and services deployed on Linux systems within the enterprise. This position will focus on providing technical support to a team of Engineers and Service Delivery integrators on Linux / Unix based Enterprise Configuration Managed solutions. The Engineer will create full configuration management driven systems, execute life-cycle service models, and ensure integration with other systems works as designed.
The Engineer will document existing and newly deployed configuration management solutions. This role will focus on complex troubleshooting and support within all levels of organization. The role will utilize ITIL practices to support new and existing line of business Linux deployments. Position will focus on Linux platform delivery, including the following: Maintain Linux service catalog, defining and maintaining system change management policies and programs.Knowledge & Experience:
Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years IT experience
• 3+ years designing and deploying Linux based systems in a medium scale, mission critical global production enterprise(500+ servers preferred).
• Experience deploying Linux based virtualization technologies. VMWare, OVM, or XEN experience preferred.
• Experience deploying applications, databases, and virtualization services.
• Experience performing Linux security vulnerability detection and remediation (Qualys Preferred).
• Experience implementing system, network, and data cryptography practices for Linux.
• Experience integrating, deploying, and maintaining Java, Ruby, PHP, and/or Python based web technologies.
2+ Years designing and deploying configuration management services. Puppet, Chef, or Ansible experience.
• Experience developing custom system and infrastructure integration software developed in Python.
• Experience automating / orchestrating system administration tasks using SOAP and REST based web services. Experience applying practices to storage administration.
• Experience implementing Linux server hardening and security practices. Experience implementing PCI and HIPPA compliance standards preferred.
• Experience implementing ITIL based service catalog for Linux platforms.
• Software development experience.
• Enterprise Storage experience.
• Working knowledge of database technologies (Oracle clustering and ASM, MondoDB, Mysql, and/or DB2).
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.