We are seeking a Sr. Internal Auditor for a large growing multi billion dollar company with an audit team that has a great corporate team culture that will give you the work/ life balance you are looking for.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:The ideal candidate will possess a broad skill set and have the capacity for learning required to audit the companies various accounting and operational environments. The responsibilities that you will be given will make the most of your strengths, and challenge you to develop even further in a supportive, team-focused atmosphere.
Duties will include:
· Conducting financial, operational and internal control (Sarbanes-Oxley) audits of Company and its subsidiaries. More specifically:
· Internal Controls - Assess the adequacy in the design of the company’s internal controls and test the existence of these controls in the following areas: Order to Cash Cycle (Revenue, Shipping, Invoicing & Customer Payments); Purchase to Pay Cycle (Purchasing, Receiving & Vendor Payments); Financial Reporting, Human Resources, Inventory, Fixed Assets; Taxes, Selling & Marketing and Manage Risk (Investments and Financial Commitments)
· Financial – Audit subsidiary financial results each quarter to ensure financial statements are prepared and presented consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and are free from material error
· Operational – perform risk based audits of subsidiary HQ and store locations to improve operational efficiency, effectiveness, and/or profitability
· Recommending real world, practical solutions to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness with the goal of reducing risk, improving internal controls and/or improving profitability
· Planning and executing audits in a professional, efficient and effective manner
· Maintaining detailed audit work papers to support all audit findings and recommendations
· Managing multiple tasks within a deadline oriented environment
· Reporting audit findings and recommendations to the Vice President of Internal Audit and various levels of management
The ideal candidate will be a professional who:
· Can effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines;
· Is self motivated and takes pride in the results of their efforts;
· Enjoys variety in the tasks performed; and
· Enjoys an environment of empowerment and responsibility.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:The ideal candidate should have the following:
· Strong analytical skills with an ability to identify real world, practical solutions in an ever changing, dynamic environment
· A strong technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and Sarbanes Oxley/Internal Controls.
· An extensive understanding of the key processes within all functional areas of an organization (ex: purchasing, marketing, human resources, etc)
· A degree in accounting
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
· Very strong interpersonal and time management skills
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· CIA and/or CPA certifications preferred but not required
· Willingness to travel (approximately 40%) throughout United States with limited travel to Canada and Mexico
· Must be eligible to work unrestricted in the USA
· COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:Compensation levels are competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits are generous and include Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance, as well as a 401K plan and an employee stock purchase plan.