Sr. Industrial Engineer
Sr. Industrial Engineer
As a member of the Engineering team, will be responsible for the analysis, development, design and execution of new engineering projects, technical initiatives and plant improvements in our US plants. The ideal candidate has the ability to work autonomously and under pressure to multitask and manage several projects simultaneously (ranging from 2K to multi-million budget projects), working with internal departments and customers as well as external consultants and contractors. As a process-oriented engineer, this position is key to analyzing current processes and operations to propose and implement process and equipment changes to improve efficiency, productivity, environmental performance and assist in overall company growth. Role requires a responsible Engineer with a clear leadership, big picture thinker and able to work and make decisions under pressure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineering, project management and commissioning of projects and initiatives that might include:
- Process analysis and definition
- Electrical, instrumentation and automation works
- Mechanical works
- Rotary kilns and mineral processing equipment
- Civil works
- Analyze production processes and operations and develop preventive maintenance programs to improve plant reliability, uptime and production. Collaborate hand-in-hand with the Production and Maintenance teams to develop preventive maintenance schedules and spare parts management. Propose initiatives to improve production KPI’s
- Coordination with other internal departments and stakeholders including compliance, H&S, production, etc. Coordination of multiple contractors and third party consultants and engineering firms
- Project management from A to Z with focus on process definition, compliance, safety, productivity improvement, budgeting and execution
- Technical support and guidance to the electro-mechanical maintenance departments, providing solutions to technically complex problems that includes automation, instrumentation, rotating equipment, mechanical equipment and manufacturing processes
- Our US Engineering Team provides in-situ support and technical solutions to our production units (some of them operate 24/7/365). Good communication skills and team-work is required
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline is required, with preference given to Industrial, Electrical and/or Automation, Mechanical or Chemical.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience engineering and managing industrial projects, with proven experience in project management of small to medium size industrial projects
- Experience in managing multiple contractors is required.
- 24/7/365 manufacturing sites including cement and/or aggregate plants operating rotary kilns
- Rotary kilns and mineral processing and handling equipment
- Process engineering and Haz-waste treatment processes including thermal processes (e.g. incineration, combustion, distillation, evaporation), water treatment (centrifugation, membrane technologies, filtration), and gas treatment technologies
- Production and Electro-Mechanical Maintenance teams
- Automation and process instrumentation
- Preventive maintenance
- Engineering and management of industrial projects, including design, capital control, construction, and commissioning
- Commissioning of projects with a high level of automation and process instrumentation. Experience in process engineering in are all valuable for the position.
- The selected candidate must have a working knowledge of Auto Cad; experience in basic design and process calculations;
- Experience in project management in chemical or process industry for small to medium size projects.
- Experience developing and/or interpreting blue prints; experience developing presentations using PowerPoint; and experience in using Excel, are required.
Cement & Lime