Our client is one of the largest employers in Charlotte NC. In the company, you’ll find exciting roles, competitive compensation and benefits, recognition, growth opportunities and great work-life balance. Our client’s Corporate Audit Services Department delivers world-class internal audit services that enable the company to achieve superior performance.
You will work in high-performing teams that add value, drive effective risk management, enhance operational efficiency, and facilitate constructive change while also focusing on employee and professional development. The Senior IT Audit Consultant will serve as a member of the Corporate Audit Services Department.
- Work within a collaborative, team environment and contribute to the successful execution of IT-related audits and consulting engagements, including delivering high quality audit documentation and audit deliverables
- Plan and execute risk-based IT audit assignments with minimal supervision, including oversight of the day-to-day activities of assigned audit staff personnel, where applicable - Gather and analyze data, using reasoning and logic, to develop test strategies and draw appropriate conclusions
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of processes with an appropriate level of professional skepticism
- Build and maintain effective relationships with audit customers including various levels of management
- Participate in annual risk assessment processes, including the identification of key risks across the enterprise and development of the annual audit plan
- Exhibit a sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks for audits, initiatives and other department projects in
- accordance with prescribed milestones
- Monitor and track the status of post-audit action plans and perform follow-up procedures to validate implementation and risk mitigation
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of matters impacting IT, the industry, and the company
- This position will report administratively to an IT Audit Manager, but will work in a matrix environment for increased career growth and diversity.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering, Economics or other IT-related discipline
- Three (3) or more years of IT audit experience
- Five (5) or more years of IT audit experience
- Holds a Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Privacy Professional, Project Management Professional, Professional Engineer, or Certified Fraud Examiner certification
- Advanced degree, such as an MBA or Masters in Information Security
- IT audit experience in a Big Four or large national public accounting firm
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately using oral and written communications with various levels of management
- Ability to reason logically, analyze data presented, evaluate the impact of information collected, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Abilityto assess and determine risk impacts
- An understanding of system development life cycle
- Advanced knowledge in relevant information technology field such as Active Directory, Windows/UNIX, databases (Oracle, SQL, DB2), application development/system development life cycle, cybersecurity, NERC CIP, PeopleSoft or Maximo.
- Possess functional audit knowledge and the ability to apply auditing protocols