endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
POSITION SUMMARY: Supports the Senior Regional Plant HR Manager in HR initiatives and processes. Responsible for assisting in all HR functions, including compensation, HRIS (UltiPro), benefits, staffing, and other employee relations tasks. Significant responsibility for HRIS administration including reporting and general employee information management. Assist in recruiting activities, onboarding of new hires, processing pre-employment requirements, and other ad-hoc HR operational duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and frequently handles sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Provides support with HRIS system to include employee password resets, BI and Control reporting, processing new-hires and terminations, status updates such as leaves of absence, and other HRIS tasks as required.
- Assist employees with benefit questions, system issues, and other HR matters.
- Assist with new hire processing including scheduling interviews, scheduling and communicating pre-employment drug/physical testing, initiating background checks, creating personnel files and communicating new hire details to the correct teams, while keeping a high level of confidentiality. Acts as the main liaison to new employees for the on-boarding process.
- Generate Random Drug Testing reports quarterly. Confidentially generate required documentation and communicate with selected employees. Follow up on test results.
- Schedules new-hire orientation for new employees through partnership with Safety and Plant Management.
- Assist with the termination process by collecting company equipment and data entry within HRIS system.
- Assist employees filing for Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) and partner with payroll coordinator to maintain FMLA tracking spreadsheets. Report FMLA related issues to HR Manager.
- Partner with HHO Payroll to generate occurrence-based progressive discipline communications for HHO employees timely and accurately. Maintain speadsheet of progressive discipline actions.
- Updates and maintains Company Organization Chart and Phone Directory.
- Performs administrative tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, events, travel, and processing invoices and expense reports.
- Must possess the ability to work independently, understanding when to escalate issues.
- Prior experience working with a union workforce required.
- Prior experience working with Untied Steelworkers strongly preferred.
- Well versed in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, HRIS System experience required.
- UKG/UltiPro experience preferred.
- Knowledge of FMLA documentation requirements required.
- Discretion, attention to detail and confidentiality are of the upmost importance.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS / WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2-3 years of HR assistant or coordinator experience is required.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.