Senior Human Resources Business Partner
The Senior HRBP position serves as a consultant/advisor to Managing Directors, Practice Leads and people managers concerning HR-related issues and serves as an employee advocate and change agent. The successful business partner will formulate trusted relationships and manage HR processes to support the strategic business objectives of the North America region. The successful candidate must maintain an effective level of business literacy with respect to financial metrics and key performance indicators within the region.
In addition to serving as a business partner, this hands-on position is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of tactical HR functions for the region, including but not limited to, employee relations and retention, immigration, performance management and performance review program.
The Senior HRBP will be supported by the HR North America (NA) talent team and report to the NA HR Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides regular HR support and guidance to Managing Directors, Practice and Department Leads and people managers. Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate, and works with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and support with respect to resolving complex and sensitive employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Assists with the development and delivery of performance counseling/improvement plans and provides support and guidance with respect to disciplinary action/terminations as needed.
- Remains abreast of federal employment laws and trends as well as specific state regulations.
- Interprets and communicates company policies and guidelines and ensures that existing policies comply with local employment and related laws and regulations.
- Drives the performance management/development process and supports competency and career development.
- Provides oversight for the annual salary review process for region.
- Coordinates immigration related activities (e.g., H1-B and green card applications) for assigned business units in collaboration with HR operations personnel.
- Works with Managing Directors, Practice and Department Leads on action plans to address results of annual Gallup employee engagement survey.
- Creates/conducts HR-related training and coaching and coordinates management and leadership development activities.
- May create/conduct upward feedback surveys and works with management on creating action plans to support results.
- Compiles HR-related information and data for proposals and understands/communicates elements of Affirmative Action Plans as needed.
- Serves on internal committees and supports company-wide HR initiatives, including, but not limited to, diversity and inclusion.
- Oversees worker’s compensation issues and claims and supports health and safety initiatives.
- Coordinates with Benefits Specialists on requests for leaves of absence, FMLA, disability, etc.
- Supports the NA HR Director with integration of new locations within the region.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Must be willing and able to travel ~ 20%
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and negotiation skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Must also possess strong problem solving and conflict management/resolution skills and can serve as a trusted advisor to management and employees.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and work with senior leaders as well as general employee population.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to lead/manage change.
- Demonstrated insight in multiple HR disciplines, including HR policies, systems, processes and tools.
- Demonstrated business integrity and insight and sound judgement with the ability to identify and address key issues in accordance with company values.
- Familiarity and/or experience with various HRIS and payroll systems (e.g. Ultipro);
- Must be extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong detail orientation with the ability to research, analyze and organize information and data; systematic and analytical approach to addressing challenges.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively collaborate and balance priorities.
- Good judgement and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Resilience and the ability to maintain calm and level-headed when dealing with difficult situations or pressure.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of progressive HR generalist/HR business partner experience, including benefits and compensation administration, employee relations, affirmative action, performance management, talent acquisition and talent development.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field; advanced degree and HR certification strongly preferred.
- Experience with employment laws in the assigned states/ jurisdictions as well as local regulations and ordinances is required.
- Background in a professional services/consulting firm strongly preferred.