LOCATION: Virtual until onsite is deemed safe – Downtown Toronto if onsite
CONTRACT DURATION:6 months (Chance to extend)
Our client is looking for a Full Stack Java Developer to join on an initial 6 month contract. You have a unique opportunity to join the hands of a result-driven team that is designing and building a strategic trade store and life-cycle management platform for the investment banking division. Candidates who you consider themselves technologists, who value on-time & high quality delivery, while taking pride in everything you do, then this is the perfect role for them.
The selected contact will also be the Production Support point of contact. No outside hours will be required, but this individual will need to be willing to help with issues when it comes to production support – A breakdown of the day to day for the selected candidate is 80% of development and 20% of production support.
- Design and build solutions by increasing customer satisfaction and align solutions to the business and IT Initiatives.
- Build solutions with an engineering mindset that not just achieve functional objectives but also cater to non-functional requirements with consistent performance that help our business to grow revenue.
- Develop and manage the professionalism, foster collaboration, adopt best practices and ensure on-time and top-quality deliveries.
- Collaborate with a global team where co-ordination activities would cross regional boundaries
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering with Java based platform
- In-depth knowledge of Java 11, Micro-Services, MongoDB
- Knowledge, and experience working with Production Support (Troubleshooting production issues with deployments)
- Solid understanding and experience of developing with Core Java
- Experience in E2E development with automated testing & deployment
- Proven track record in designing, developing and deploying applications
- Hands-on experience with Unix, Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Ansible
- Proficiency in using JIRA and Confluence
- Comprehensive knowledge of Modern DevOps Tools & Techniques
- Understanding of the platforms built for observability e.g. Elastic Stack
- Passionate about learning and applying new technologies
- Extensive experience of working in Agile Teams
- Understanding of Investment Banking / Fixed Income Business
- Strong creative, analytic and organizational skills
- Proficiency in driving strategy development and execution
- Ability to function effectively & adapt to culture of high performing team
- Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into working reality
- Ability to identify and minimize waste in processes