About the Firm: A firm in the service industry with a long history of servicing and advising their clients throughout Ontario and now our Country.
In recent years they have expanded operations to additional convenient locations noted here in order to better meet their clients needs.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Development the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Corporate Development function including mergers, acquisitions, financings and new ventures. The role will evolve and grow along with the business.
- Perform analysis for corporate development functions including financial modelling, forecasting and synergy analysis
- Support M&A and operational due diligence and post-deal integration
- Prepare presentations for senior management, board members and potential partners
- Support the development of operational, financial and KPI reporting for senior management of existing firm and acquired firms when requested
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets of target firms
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
- Attention to detail, willingness to learn and a self-starter
- Proven problem-solving skills and able to make timely decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with both internal and external partners
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel with financial modelling and experience developing presentations in PowerPoint
- 3-5 years as a FA with BA exposure in software integration
- A functional mapping and integration background in finance. Making sense from different systems to help integrate with the parent firm
- Revenue analytical knowledge. Budget to actual variance analysis
- Able to draft decks for presentation on viability of merging or acquiring locations
- Articulate in communication to help the acquired firms BU Leaders feel they are taken care of properly
- Strong Excel
- Brokerage exposure or service based firm knowledge a nice to have
- Willingness to go beyond into tackling finance related project work