endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
General Job Description
Dana Incorporated is seeking to fill the position of Senior Electrical Engineer in Maumee, Ohio or Novi, Michigan. This position will lead the development of automotive electronics that support Dana driveline products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Senior Electrical Engineer with Dana Incorporated will be responsible for specification, design and development of electronic hardware (and associated documents), which includes sensors, actuators and active torque transfer products.
- Optimize designs by evaluating trade-offs between hardware, software and mechanical components.
- Develop and maintain design requirements, DFMEA, DVP&R, test specifications, reports and other documents as required.
- Participate in system and component level firmware and associated documentation development.
- Support the Development process during all phases of development.
- Develop and coordinate prototype build plans.
- Develop tests for the optimization and verification of new products. Perform inhouse tests as appropriate.
- Benchmark competitive products. Support advanced product quality planning activities.
- Represent the Electronics engineering function at internal and customer meetings.
- Estimate monitor and track engineering costs. Develop and support Va/Ve cost savings proposals.
- Support program timing for engineering activities necessary to meet milestones and program timelines.
- Actively interface with other critical functions (i.e. application engineering, manufacturing and business development) within the organization.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in light vehicle electronics, 10+ years preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electronic hardware design (schematics, layout, circuit modeling and simulation) with appropriate documentation.
- Experience creating DFMEA, DVP&R and executing validation testing and EMI/EMC testing,
- Mechanical aptitude along with strong analytical capability.
- Familiar with electronic component design related solutions and testing standards.
- Familiar with embedded software development
- Solid written (Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.), and oral communications skills.
- Must be a detailed, self-directed and motivated individual who is willing to accept responsibility.
- Must have strong project management/follow-up skills in order to organize multiple responsibilities and meet multiple deadlines
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Skilled in electronic/electrical component validation standards and processes.
- Proficiency in Altium and PSPICE simulations or similar circuit design/analysis software.
- Skilled in serial communication protocols and associated tools; CAN preferred.
- Experience in Matlab / Simulink – Model Based Software Development
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.