GeneCoda has been retained to identify and evaluate candidates for a Director / Senior Director of Business Development to ideally be located in the NorthEast marketplace.
About Our Client:
Our client partners with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the provision of a holistic solution for screening, hit validation and lead optimization. Our client’s industry leading platform excels at the discovery of novel small molecule leads against challenging, high value therapeutic targets.
Our client’s therapeutic expertise ranges across CNS, oncology, metabolic diseases, and other specialized areas, including structure-based design, GPCR modulators, ion channel modulators and PROTACs.
Our client’s well published leadership team offers a proven track record of advancing projects from initial hit to lead to drug candidate with over a dozen compounds advancing into IND-enabling tox and several reaching Phase I or beyond.
Our client’s experience and platform enables them to collaborate on some of the most challenging and impactful projects in the biopharmaceutical industry. In some cases, our client drives project design exclusively.
Our client offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment, plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the company.
Our client is seeking an accomplished Director / Senior Director of Business Development to lead client sourcing, contract negotiation and execution. This role will be home based and travel of up to 30% for client visits, conference attendance or site visits.
- Execute business development and sales initiatives.
- Identify prospective partners and clients through systematic outreach and attendance of conferences and networking events.
- Master a fundamental technical understanding of the core discovery platform technology.
- Present discovery services through written and verbal communications to clients and prospective clients in in biopharma.
- Cultivate relationships with decision makers in biopharma R&D and BD, manage accounts and secure opportunities for selling small molecule discovery services.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s).
- Negotiate and close deals for discovery service business.
- Maintain accurate and accessible tailored documentation including presentations, proposals, agreements and updates.
- Responsible for lead generation and appointment setting.
- Interact with members of the research and project teams to ensure proposals / contracts are consistent with internal processes.
- Update the CRM to include opportunities, proposals issued, approved projects, BD activities and other tracking indexes.
Education: M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Life Sciences, Biology, Pharmacology, or related field is preferred.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in biopharma and a minimum of 3 years proven experience of business development and/or selling services, developing pipeline of opportunities, and closing deals.
- Strong understanding of the small molecule drug discovery process: From target discussions, hit identification, hit-to-lead optimization, and candidate selection.
- Experience working in (or with) pharma/biotech in a drug discovery setting.
- Experience with closing six figure deals.
- Confident communication and navigation of drug discovery and pre-clinical research processes.
- Self-motivated to achieve goals.
- Builds partnerships with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.