Reporting to the CEO for a private industry leading full-line, direct receiver and distributor of fresh produce and is one of the largest, continuously operating wholesale distributors in the United States. The Company is a leader in the Northeast produce industry, serving national, regional, and local retail accounts. The Company sources a broad line of consistently high-quality produce to help make its customers’ produce sections a statement for their stores and a destination for their shoppers. The company has recently acquired another leading distributor for the Middle - Atlantic states with resultant operations from Virginia to Maine. Their reputation and success are rooted in the Company’s daily commitment to exceptional service, consistent value, promotional deals to drive additional sales, and the support of its customers. The Company values integrity above all else and “doing what’s right” drives every decision the company makes. The company has long-term relationships with several grocery chains and other customers. They have recently received an investment from a leading consumer products-focused private equity firm with a successful track record of building, growing, and creating outstanding value with the companies it owns.
The Sr. Director / Director of HR is responsible for leading the human resources function to support the company’s business initiatives as outlined by the CEO and the Sr. Leadership team. Will be responsible for HR policy development, staffing, talent management processes, compensation, payroll, employee benefits, employee relations, internal coaching on HR matters and compliance with all Federal & state employment laws and regulations.
The Sr. Director / Director of HR is responsible for all strategic and functional aspects of Human Resources and will be a trusted partner with Business and Operations leaders. This leadership role will partner with business leaders and associates to deliver HR services in a proactive and solution-oriented manner aligned with the business strategy. This position acts as a strategic advisor, service manager and business catalyst. They will drive business results by ensuring HR strategies and plans are translated into concrete actions and tangible outcomes via KPIs. They will champion a positive culture by aligning people with the business mission, vision and values, promote employee advocacy and relations. They will shape organizational structure by aligning business requirements and conditions with people and capabilities. They are responsible for implementing position and competency frameworks and defining motivational career paths. Position will monitor and drive talent development through consultation, development plan execution and measurement/evaluation and plan for succession and identify the values, behaviors and skills required for future leaders. Will have 2 direct reports. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Progressively increasing HR responsibility with a Distributor or Warehouser or Consumer Goods Mfr. (10 years)
- HR leadership roles (7 years)
- Mission, Vison, and Strategic HR program development and implementation oversight
- Corporate and multi-site experience
- Create and manage key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Training and Development
- Succession planning and Employee retention strategy (analyze turnover data)
- Compensation and Benefits administration (recommend/establish base pay ranges for each position)
- Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Onboarding that embodies /reflects the company culture.
- Performance Management / Bonus Program Management
- Long term Organizational development
- HR policy development and implementation
- Employment Law Compliance (worker’s comp, FMLA, ADA, DOT)
- Labor relations
- HR programs and HR systems (HRIS) implementation
- Experience constructing and setting up an HR department based on company growth.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office Suite
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- Residence: Philadelphia, PA area (Relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- HR responsibility with Produce Wholesale Distributors
- Union experience
- SPHR certification
- Experience implementing ADP or Paychex or Paycom.
- Experience with ERP (Windows based - Produce Pro)
- Servant Leader
- Strong coaching & mentoring abilities
- Drives accountability.
- Results oriented and energetic.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Agile and adaptable
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Partner: Roz Kennon
CPG, Transportation, Logistics, & Supply ChainRkennon@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.107Click here to apply online