endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Senior DevOps Linux Engineer position is part of Platform Optimization team and has expertise on DevOps systems, processes and tools deployed in a Linux environment. The Engineer engages closely with Global Infrastructure, Architecture, Oracle Database Administration, Oracle Engineered systems administration, Oracle Fusion Middleware Administration teams with a focus on leveraging automation and orchestration tools to improve operational processes and procedures.
The Engineer will create configuration management driven systems, execute life-cycle service models, and ensure integration with other systems works as designed. The Engineer will document existing and newly deployed configuration management solutions. This role will focus on complex troubleshooting and support within all levels of organization. The role will utilize ITIL practices to support new and existing line of business Linux deployments. The role would provide solution design, capacity planning, high availability and business continuity in support of mission critical Linux based systems.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
- Certifications in Linux System Administration, Cloud Architecture, Configuration Management tools is desirable
- 5+ years IT experience
- 3+ years designing and deploying Linux based systems in a large scale, mission critical global production enterprise (500+ servers).
- Experience deploying Linux based virtualization technologies. VMWare, OVM, or XEN experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience deploying applications, databases, and virtualization services.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (private, public or hybrid).
- Expert knowledge of Infrastructure platforms (compute, network and storage).
- Experience implementing Linux server hardening and security practices. Experience implementing PCI and HIPPA compliance standards preferred.
- Experience performing Linux security vulnerability detection and remediation (Qualys Preferred).
- Experience implementing system, network, and data cryptography practices for Linux
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.