endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Based in the Port Clinton/Fremont Ohio area, looking for a Sr. Design Engineer who has metal fabrication product experience. Company makes pressure vessel tanks for fluids and gases. Position is open due to customer inquires into "customizing" the tanks to customer specifications. Position will work with existing customers plus real possibilities of expanding into new products as company continues to acquire and grow. Reports to the Corporate Director of Quality and Continuous Improvement.
90-120K base, bonus target 20 percent, full benefits and they are a ESOP company (Employee stock owner plan)
Responsible for the ideation, recommendation, design, plan and implementation of value-added, customer-satisfying innovations to our propane tank, anhydrous ammonia nurse tank, and pressure vessel value streams.
- Work closely with the sales/marketing organization, operations and the customer base to ideate, design, and implement creative solutions to consumer and technical problems.
- Recommend and design pressure vessel innovations and modifications in a cost-effective and profitable manner, while driving Lean manufacturing principles.
- Lead the New Product Development process for the company. Use Voice of Customer research to identify user needs, determine customer requirements, and translate into technical requirements and design concepts.
- Utilize modeling tools to drive upfront analysis in the design cycle, incorporating all required industry standards and tests.
- Develop and prototype multiple design options, using accurate measuring systems to test and evaluate different design proposals.
- Work within a cross-functional group of sales/marketing, engineering, quality, manufacturing and sourcing to develop new/modified products and guide strategic technical direction.
- Study and baseline competitor designs and product performance.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases. Prepare drawings and design calculations for/in compliance to the latest edition of ASME Code.
- Prepare computer generated bills of materials and specification list for ASME Code materials.
- Remain current on code and regulatory requirements that impact QSC designs and business.
- Produce technical bulletins, product manuals, and other documents that support QSC products.
- Interact with customers, providing technical support on QSC products, product installation, and regulatory related questions.
- Support manufacturing operations and process engineering as required.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.