Flybridge Staffing is currently searching for a fully-remote Senior Data Engineer for our client in the financial industry. Our client is growing rapidly and operates in a very agile environment. The focus of this position will be to deliver data analysis platforms, system tools, and organizational structure capable of scaling enable the growth of processing volumes. Also include building data applications and process automation.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Medical, dental, and vision start on your first day.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
****NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE**** US Citizen, GC, EAD only, please.
- 10+ years of working experience in a data analytics or data engineering department.
- Proven knowledge of high availability online transaction processing database systems, data pipeline and data warehousing technical architectures and tools, infrastructure components, ETL, and reporting/analytic tools.
- Extensive experience working with transaction processing systems, and abilities to tune structure, queries, and indices for optimal performance.
- Experience building data applications, data automation, data integration, business process automation using python (and/or other languages
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools and rules-driven process automation engine systems.
- Experience with cloud-based data warehousing and data lake solutions.
- Expertise with leading relational and NoSQL databases. Must be highly proficient in SQL and have current hands-on development experience using modern software development languages.
- Extensive experience with PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora, and MS SQL Server. Prior DBA experience is a must.
- Experience working with source control tools and CI/CD processes.
- Experience building a robust reporting infrastructure through business intelligence platforms like Looker and Power BI.
- Working knowledge and experience with AWS, Google, and Azure cloud data platforms and tools.
- The current data stack is: Fivetran, Prefect, dbt, BigQuery, Postgres, Looker, PowerBi
- Execute the company’s data, reporting, and analytics technology plans supporting both strategic and near-term goals.
- Lead all aspects of design, development, and maintenance of data pipelines and data lakes.
- Delivery of performant and scalable data products and platforms, both OLTP and OLAP, to consume, process, analyze and present data from our data ecosystem, while driving data engineering best practices.
- Ensure the integrity and uninterrupted processing of batch and real-time data pipelines to ingest and process data from various internal data sources and third-party platforms.
- Deploy new and existing applications into cloud environments and provide operational support for the applications.
- Collaborate across the organization to understand business questions, identify the right data sources and techniques, prepare data, develop data models, and algorithms, present results, and maintain a library of data assets.
- Proactively identify challenges and new opportunities as it relates to data infrastructure, tools, and processes.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of data engineering, business intelligence, and analytics and insights. Working together with software engineering teams and product groups, you will deliver comprehensive reporting and analytics capabilities to customer-facing and internal operational platforms. This is a hands-on individual contributor position.
****NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE**** US Citizen, GC, EAD only, please. If your background aligns with the above details and you would like to learn more, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website, www.flybridgestaffing.com and one of our recruiters will be in touch with you ASAP.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with all our latest job openings and referral programs.