As we begin working toward the next 70 years of success, we are expanding our business development organization to help drive the aggressive growth plan we recently launched. Ultimately, we are searching for a highly motivated individual that possess the skills and ability to play a key role in our overall growth plans for the future. You will be supported by a committed management team, energetic partners on the business development team, customer service, marketing, engineering and manufacturing. All eager to meet the customer demands, and ultimately provide a “Serve Better” solution for our customers.
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of innovative products for the restaurant and foodservice markets. Their portfolio includes a breadth of industry-leading food warmers, dry food dispensers, condiment and syrup pumps and other energy and water saving solutions for the foodservice industry.
The Senior Cost Accountant uses principles of accounting, independent judgment, and analysis of financial data to establish standardized costs and processes for ongoing cost management ultimately, reporting on various metrics as assigned by the Director of Finance. This includes standard costs targets vs. actual production costs, all costs associated with current products and new product designs, raw materials and manufacturing methods in order to deliver the reporting required on actual costs vs. estimates. The SCA may lead major projects and/or direct the work of our professional accounting staff as determined by the Director of Finance. Additionally, and as needed, the Sr. Cost Accountant’s role will help support the general accounting needs of the organization with financial reporting, variance analysis, capital expenditures, process improvements and assisting with month/year end close.REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Director of Finance and is located the Richfield facility.
- Develop and install standard cost accounting process and supporting systems, assess current state and determine steps to implement new costing strategy and supporting system/processes.
- Maintain standard costing information for current products
- Establish costs on new purchased and manufactured products
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods to determine effects on costs
- Perform variance analysis; investigate and determine causes of variances on completed production orders
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Coordination with multiple departments to monitor purchase price changes, updates etc.
- Identify and recommend ongoing cost savings opportunities to support company initiatives on reducing product costs
- Review, analyze, and report on actual product profit margins
- Assist with establishing product sales prices and support annual price increases
- Support the capital appropriation process and calculation of return on investment
- Work with Engineering team on new product development projects to set cost targets and prioritize projects
- Continued support of the new product development process by analyzing costs and presenting data at completion of projects
- Support annual budget process by setting standard costs on all items
- Work as part of the Accounting team to provide timely responses to internal and external customers
- Assist with month-end and year-end close
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Five plus years’ cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong ability to think critically, communicate clearly and effectively both verbally & in writing
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing industry practices and processes
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially excel
- Strong working knowledge of an ERP system
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with others & also independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good decision-making skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary and a competitive benefits package.