Viewing Job - Sr. Cost Accountant [EB-7129687151]
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is conducting a search for a Senior Cost Accountant in the Dayton, OH area. He/she will direct activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis, and inventory valuation. The position provides recommendations to senior management in support of the achievement of corporate and divisional goals.
- Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting
- Assist in preparation of annual operating plan (budget) and monthly forecasts.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis.
- Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Analyzes audits of costs and prepares reports.
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Develop and maintain standard costs of components and products in a worldwide ERP system.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation worldwide.
- Lead and manage the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with manufacturing on production and work order processing.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Assist in the quarterly and annual financial audits (compiling and preparing cost data for support of schedules and questions.)
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of accounting experience; cost accounting preferred
- 3+ years of operational experience, especially with inventory
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions
- Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
- Extremely strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial modeling and analytical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes
- CPA/CMA Certification and/or an MBA
- Very strong project management skills
- Ability to organize and lead both functional and cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Oracle, Domo, Hyperion, and COGNOS applications
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.