endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for programming and troubleshooting of production equipment, computerized equipment and Programmable Logic Controllers
- Support model year changes and warranty process changes
- Design and implement process changes to improve cost, safety, quality, productivity and data integrity
- Maintain and troubleshoot manual and automated equipment
- Provide technical support as needed
- Assist with and lead implementation of engineering projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provide day-to-day support for all PLC’s and their related hardware, software and equipment
- Respond to the needs of users concerning the use of the equipment, troubleshooting, problem solving and training
- Implement standard engineering practices as well as provide detailed documentation upon project completion
- Recommend and develop PLC solutions to meet the needs of the business as it relates to manufacturing operations
- Design and engineering of programmable logic controls (PLC’s) and modifications for a wide variety of manufacturing production equipment
- SCADA system and HMI controls development
- Represent and/or support Engineering team during the R&D phase of new machines and concepts
- Direct electrical assembly activities such as panel fabrication and component wiring
- Maintain and produce Electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and other industrial schematics
- Maintain and update CAD drawings
- Specifying and correctly applying a variety of robotic multi-axis motion control platforms
- Machine vision experience and knowledge (Keyence, Cognex, Datalogic, etc)
- Systems integration of 3rd party equipment and peripherals
- Technical writing
- Performs any other duties as assigned
- Serve on teams or committees as needed
- Mentorship of Engineering team members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Is consistently at work and on time
- Should be a self-starter and possess initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Able to perform duties in a fast-paced environment
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and displays a great attitude
- Able to work a flexible schedule and overtime when needed and be available by telephone during off hours to assist in trouble shooting system breakdowns
- Should have excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong understanding of automotive products and production processes
- Knowledge of quality control standards and systems including but not limited to IATF 16949, ISO 14001
- Proficient experience and knowledge of precision measuring systems and equipment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Concentrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient experience with Allen Bradley FactoryTalk and Studio 5000
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a Controls Engineer or similar experience
- Must possess experience in network communication systems
- Computer and controls programming experience in relevant programming languages including
- Ladder logic
- Human-Machine Interface (HMI) software
- Microsoft SQL Database, computer software programming abilities (C++, Visual Basic, etc)
- Experience working on Electric Motor Starters, Motion Controllers, Drives/VFD's, Servos
- Must be able to setup and maintain data collection processes
- Proficient experience of Control systems
- Proficient experience with industrial safety standards and equipment
- Able to integrate a variety of field instrumentation such as flow meters, automatic valves, pressure transmitters, proximity switches, temperature controllers and measuring devices
- Competent in robot integration and possess knowledge of “ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012: Industrial Robots and Robotic Systems - Safety Requirements”
- Working knowledge of NEC Article 409, “NFPA 79: Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery”, and UL 508A (Supplement SB)
- Experience with industrial robots - Fanuc, Epson, ABB preferred
- Able to create/update electrical schematics using Solid Edge or AutoCAD
- Ability to travel including the possibility of international travel. Driver’s license and passport required.
- Eligibility to work in the US, sponsorship is not available
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time; stoop, kneel, bend, twist, reach, push, pull, grasp, and pinch on a continual basis; and work with oils and lubricants.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 20-50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
Work Environment while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and electrical equipment. Other activities include extensive work at a computer in the office and on the shop floor.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
BSEE from an accredited university or college (or equivalent training and experience) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience utilizing the skills listed above. Prior experience in the automotive industry is preferred. Must have a good understanding of the English language, both written and verbal.
Personal Protective Equipment
- The use of Safety Glasses required
- Approved Safety Shoes required
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but mentorship of less experienced team members is required
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.