endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
This Controls Engineer is responsible for the research, design and support of Electrical and Control systems including the design and layout of control panels, wire harnesses, troubleshooting electrical systems, and designing, programming, testing, and troubleshooting control system software for electrical, electromechanical, and vehicle products. This candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter who works well in both an office and manufacturing environment. A technical person who is always looking for ways to improve the product.
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals, to determine feasibility of designs.
- Research and recommend substitutions for obsolete parts.
- Research, select, and purchase electrical and control components such as PLC’s, HMI’s, Breakers, power supplies, terminal strips, motors, inverters, etc.
- Design, document, and program embedded controllers and PLC’s.
- Design and layout control enclosures.
- Plan and lead engineering personnel in the planning and design of test apparatus and equipment.
- Develop methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- Create and implement process’, procedures’ and work instructions around the design, release, revision control, and testing of software products.
- Create and implement a robust Verification and Validation process for software products.
- Participate in product testing or prototypes to aid in the design process.
- Interface with other departments including manufacturing, sales, sourcing, product support, and accounting.
- Create and edit operation and service manuals for products.
- Create and modify drawings and documentation for analysis, quoting, and manufacturing.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Use ERP system to create, manage, and modify engineering bills of materials.
- Lead projects and provide direction to manufacturing, procurement, designers and other engineers to accomplish project goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5-10 years’ experience working as a Controls Engineer.
- 5-10 years’ experience designing for and programming PLC and embedded controllers.
- 5-10 years’ experience programming HMI’s.
- 5-10 years’ hands on experience programming and collecting data with DAQ systems.
- Experience and deep knowledge of the IEC 61131 standard and the application of the programming languages contained within.
- 5 years’ experience with programming Analog signals including the design, programming, and tuning of PID loops.
- Deep knowledge of UL, NEMA, and IP standards.
- 5 years’ experience UL listing products.
- Prior experience with and ability to perform control system simulations.
- Advanced understanding of engineering principles of design; ability to be forward-thinking with design concepts.
- Exceptional Electrical aptitude and strong analytic skills.
- Ability to independently design, program and test electrical and control systems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Strong software documentation skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Some travel may be required to attend customer meetings, trade shows, and/or to test and troubleshoot units in the field; Expected travel <10%.
- S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s.
- Experience with Murphy and Danfoss controllers.
- Experience designing for and programming Curtiss motor controllers.
- Experience with MATLAB, Labview and Simulink software.
- Experience interfacing with Engine Control Units.
- Experience designing controls for electric vehicles.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience designing to SAE and CE standards.
- Experience CE marking products.
- Background in DFMEA, Problem solving, ISO requirements.
- Experience/certification in Lean, Six Sigma, Agile.
- Experience developing mobile apps for industrial applications.
- Experience with wireless telemetry.
- Experience with embedded systems.
- Experience with designing remote communication of equipment through Bluetooth, WIFI, and cellular.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, particularly when working on the computer.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, particularly when in the manufacturing facility.
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds occasionally unassisted.
- Ability to bend or stoop occasionally.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow all safety requirements.
- Ability to use standard office equipment (copier, fax, telephone, computer, etc.).
- Specific vision abilities required in this position include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position will occasionally have the need to visit the manufacturing environment as needed to complete assigned projects.
- At such times, a greater amount of physical exertion, standing and walking would be required.
- Ability to travel as required (driving, flying, etc.)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier.