Responsible for the creation, distribution, and maintenance of contract documentation for the most complex client accounts as well as utilization of comprehensive knowledge of insurance/reinsurance concepts to work with assigned clients' business. Provide guidance to clients, brokers and CSS colleagues based on technical expertise and the application of reinsurance contract provisions. Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced colleagues in reinsurance contract drafting and associated coverage interpretation and application as well as performing leadership and business support as assigned by Team or Department Manager.
Under minimal or no supervision, perform all or some of the following core job functions:
- Management of most complex client base for all aspects of reinsurance contracts.
- Interpret and assess contracts and perform quality assurance review to ensure contract wording reflects the intent of reinsurance negotiations.
- Provide technical guidance to Colleagues, Brokers, and Clients as appropriate, regarding reinsurance concepts and contract language application, including presentations with Broking to clients on their reinsurance contracts.
- Participate in Request for Proposal (RFP) and sales opportunities. Recommend coverage and wording enhancements, as requested.
- Research and respond to inquiries from Brokers, Clients, and Markets. Input contract status data on the electronic document tracking system.
- Utilize CSS Dashboard and/other legacy tracking tools to manage contract performance.
- Provide input for the evolution of the operational model at all levels of the organization. Promote new process improvement ideas leveraging technology solutions.
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients, and Markets. Understand issues, resolve problems and queries and review working practices.
- Participate in team and department meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge, and solutions; maintain strong working relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Four Year College Degree (B.S. or B.A.) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar role within reinsurance, insurance.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of contract law, contract provisions, reinsurance concepts and principles, basic regulatory controls and general business trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Strong verbal and writing skills for complex communications (presentations, negotiations, etc.) with clients, markets and GC colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated the ability to work as part of a high-performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Understanding of project management methodology, stakeholder management, and risk mitigation.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets, and Colleagues in a professional manner.
- Consistently provide guidance by mentoring and/or training Colleagues.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
- Associate in Reinsurance (ARe), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) desired
A leading global risk and reinsurance specialist has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services, and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages, and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.