The hands-on Platform Engineer will function as part of a team effort to create an Omni channel Ordering Experience for the Consumer Business Unit and Customers. The Engineer will be engaged in developing best-in-class strategy and solutions for the Platform stack, provide key capabilities for critical cross-organization programs. Full stack Java/J2EE Developer, Spring, Hibernate, with focus on Kubernetes/docker, no sql, spring, python, CiCD automation. The Engineer will be the go to person about emerging technologies and where to move technologies inside of the company to support the software, and servers to keep the platform running. Will build automation and systems management tools that make it easier to scale the ordering platform and deliver cloud services. Will work on improving systems performance and reliability and work closely with our SAFE agile teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the functional and technical aspects of the platforms
- Able to troubleshoot complex hardware and software defects with low supervision
- Identify technical obstacles early and work to find creative solutions
- Educate team members (including Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on capabilities and constraints of technology platforms
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing and define and maintain system/application configurations
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Provide ongoing support through proactive monitoring of transactions and efficiency, drive improvements through data analytics
- Evaluate all High Availability elements in the cloud platform
- Supervise pipeline management and branching/merging strategies
- Act as the technical lead for medium sized projects (project size or number of projects will increase with level) and communicate technical info to peers, vendors and customers
- Conduct design and implementation reviews to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to meet acceptance criteria
- Focus on continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior team members
- Typically 10+ years professional experience with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience and 8+ years with a Master's Degree.
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycles and software development
- Operations Experience (ops or even devops work) with some experience in an Architect role
- Strong people skills--Effective communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and empowered environment
- Self-starter, can-do attitude a must in a fast-moving business and technical environment.
- Strong problem solving skills without assistance, time management and oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of SDLC methodologies, and experience applying them appropriately
- Solid understanding of micro-service and cloud technologies, PAAS with experience designing, implementing and supporting applications in Kubernetes or Docker
- CI/CD Knowledge (Jenkins, GoCD, Sonar, JUnit, Maven, Git - or equivalents of these)
- Working knowledge of API interactions to database technologies including MongoDB or Datastax(Cassandra), Oracle, mySQL
- Experience with UNIX system administration (ssh, shell, scripting, etc)
- Experience with enterprise messaging with ActiveMQ, Tibco, Kafka and Big Data solutions
- Experience with Splunk, Swagger API, Postman, Spring Boot
- Workflow processing experience using Camunda