- Ability to design, develop and implement robust BI reporting solutions.
- Knowledge of dimensional modeling concepts and techniques, with proven project experience in design capabilities.
- Understanding of OLAP concepts and differences between multi-dimensional cube and relational reporting. Cognos Transformer or Microsoft SSAS experience desired.
- Understanding of differences between row-based and column store reporting desired.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work with technical teams (developers, architects, QA, infrastructure) and business partners to implement business information, analytic and reporting solutions on time and within budget.
- Excellent team player with a proven background of individual contribution. Strong track record in building strong relationships.
- Ability to provide timely status to management
- Work directly with senior management to document requirements, review specifications, obtain approval, support UAT and post Production role out.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and at least 10+ years of experience in Business Information solution design and development.
- 7+ years of demonstrable experience with BI analytics design and delivery, preferably with Cognos 10 or Microsoft SSAS/SSRS.
- 5+ years of SQL experience, including ability to analyze and debug SQL content. SQL Server preferred.
- 5 to 7 years’ SDLC experience working on large data warehouse projects
- Experience with developing visualization techniques (dashboarding, scorecarding) in an analytics environment.
- Ability to work directly with executive and senior level management to determine and document requirements.
- Ability to work with technical teams (developers, architects, QA, infrastructure) and business partners to document and implement changes/enhancements on time and within budget.
- Excellent team player with a proven background of individual contribution.
- Strong track record in building strong relationships with clients and business partners
- Excellent interpersonal, documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
- SQL skills to query SQL databases and experience in reporting and data validation / reconciliation a plus
- Experience with data marts and reporting tools a plus
- Data Modeling experience is required
Problem Solving Skills:
- Collaborate with users from many departments to resolve issues
- Work cross-functionally and think creatively, critically and strategically
- Able to translate business needs into efficient technical requirements
- Ability to effectively plan, facilitate, and participate in meetings with employees from all organizational levels
- Effective team player and collaborator
- Strong skills in prioritization and reprioritization to react to a dynamic environment as Arch continues to evolve
- Results driven; Ability to work independently; Self-starter
Education and Training:
- 4 year college degree required
- Insurance specific training or designation a plus
- Data Warehousing specific training a plus