The Senior Brand Designer is responsible for creating and managing various assets for both print and digital media including menus, in-store promotional materials, social media content, digital signage animation, e-newsletter and website content. S/he must be detail oriented, organized, multi-tasking, with a flair for graphics design and branding.
- Design, create, deliver, edit, and optimize any PR and promotional materials.
- Provide concept and design direction that support brand goals and strategies.
- Take ownership of design projects from concept to completion.
- Order, track and take inventories on promotional materials.
- Ensure that messages are supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies.
- Deliver advertising content via social media.
- Manage and edit photograph and video contents.
- Create and distribute e-newsletter and social media content in coordination with team.
- Edit and maintain website.
- Analyze and solve complex design problems.
- Stay on top of the competitive creative landscape including the latest design trends, innovations and techniques.
- Run errands as needed (i.e. pick up or drop off samples, menus or promotional materials)
- Work shifts or days as assigned by Manager in accordance with the Company’s business needs.
- Maintain good communication with executive management, store management, co-workers, vendors and outside contacts.
- Have a good understanding of various social media.
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Assists in receptionist rotation as needed.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to the Department Manager for solutions.
- Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- When directed by Marketing Manager, interacts with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Helps solve problems that affect the store’s efficiency, service and productivity. Provides excellent customer service and satisfaction when visible and readily accessible to our customers.
Safety, Loss Prevention and Procedural Compliance:
- Assists Manager in Loss Prevention in curbing internal and external theft.
- Abides by the Company’s Safety and IIPP Programs.
- Ensures satisfactory maintenance, appearance and condition of assigned areas to comply with security, safety and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Complies with all Health and OSHA requirements.
- 4-year college degree in Graphic Design or similar required.
- Minimum 5 years of design experience in a retail, a creative agency or a design department required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without sacrificing deadlines or quality of work.
- Experience in a similar or comparable work environment, strong work ethic supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premier Pro required.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Audition, WordPress, Slack, MailChimp and MeisterTask desired.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Basic knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 desired.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative writing skills a plus.