The Sr. BI Developer is responsible for developing and implementing Business Intelligence solutions. The position utilizes BI reporting tools to satisfy end user reporting needs including data modeling and analytics. The role works with key business owners to understand their data needs and provides recommendations and solutions to meet their requirements. Partners with Software Engineers to ensure the data is available for end user reporting. The role also utilizes BI reporting tools and SQL databases to manage data assets and build an essential library of standard and custom reports and/or cubes, while also building prompted reports to empower end users to have data available at their fingertips for decision-making.
- Works with end users to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance business analytics capabilities using Microsoft Power BI or other BI reporting tools.
- Develops and maintains BI reports, dashboards, cubes, and scorecards to deliver information requests and deepen the analytic capabilities.
- Triages, troubleshoots and resolves report issues from end users as well as supports data integrity tickets.
- Performs data analysis, including data profiling into data warehouses, to obtain a good understanding of data availability, relationships and nuances for consideration of BI reporting design.
- Works with Software Engineers to integrate new data into the data environment as required for reporting.
- Reviews current operational data structures and data flows and recommends optimizations and opportunities for automation.
- Evaluates and recommends new tools and methodologies to assist in meeting business requirements through data integration and reporting.
- Proactively recognizes when new data and data domains should be placed under data governance.
- Participates in 24x7 rotational technical support to solve business problems and documents resolution.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field where data design or data reporting is critical to business operations
- 5 years’ practical experience with data modeling, data design, database programming and data analytics
- Solid knowledge of SQL query languages, including the ability to write SQL in order to query database tables for analysis purposes
- Knowledge of database systems, as well as exposure to ETL software tools including best practices and methodologies
- Ability to think analytically for translating data into informative visuals and reports
- Prior experience in conducting data analysis activities in the Retail Industry, with preference to Casual Dining or Quick Service environments
- Firm understanding of technical change management when it applies to business data that is under data governance
- Prior experience with Business Intelligence tools, e.g., MS Power BI, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Tableau
- Ability to work independently to deliver high quality work products on time and with minimal direction
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Detailed knowledge of data and data domains
- Solid knowledge of data warehouse implementations
- Data analysis and SQL skills