Position: Sr. BA (Regulatory) - JP39484
Duration: 12 months with potential extension
Location: Remote for now and later Toronto Downtown
BA experience working on Regulatory Projects within Agile is a must.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager Business Analysis the main function of a Senior Business Analysis is to plan, manage, lead and oversee the end-to-end delivery of requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project in alignment with the business and/or enterprise needs and strategies.
- A Senior Business Analysis is a leadership project role primarily responsible for driving lean and effective business solutions which support project benefits.
- Owns the facilitation and end-to-end delivery of business requirements following an agile and structured approach to determine how requirements are constructed, traced and prioritized to maximize business value.
- Applies a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge and understand requirements.
- Leads a diverse range of stakeholders; communicates effectively by adapting style and technique to a diverse audience.
- Provides leadership, guidance and support in defining the business needs, business benefits, or problem/opportunity statements based on strategic drivers and identifying potential solutions
- Identifies, validates and documents current state processes working with the business and stakeholders to design the desired future state
- Forecast, define and manage the requirements effort including cost and timeline. Engage, enable and lead stakeholders to final agreement and signoff of the business requirements.
- Ensure traceability of requirements to benefits realization throughout project
- Proactively identify and track requirements risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, constraints and anticipate and effectively manage risks related to requirements. Align decisions to bank’s risk appetite.
- Support the Request for Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) process with vendors if required
- Collaborate with technology partners and provide recommendations to support development of: system requirements and design, testing plans, artifacts/deliverables to ensure business needs are met
- Identify risks or issues with technology solution or design which may impact realization of project benefits and provide guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to pro-actively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project
- Ensures accuracy of business requirements documentation throughout the project to mitigate against project changes and reduce/manage cost to the project
- Communicates progress on BA work packages, including requirements management, in a concise and timely manner, escalating issues to project manager, partners and manager where appropriate
- Support Quality Assurance activities which include review test plan, test cases and provide guidance on testing and defect reporting
- Support change management and overall project readiness activities
- Contribute to personal and team development of skills and capability through training, mentorship of junior/peer Business Analysts, and contribution
- Expert knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project life-cycle
- Strong project delivery skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing workstreams for high-risk, high-visibility, large- scale projects
- Strong leadership skills, ability to interact with all levels in a constructive manner
- Good judgment, understanding of what issues to escalate, what to resolve on your own, make suggestions for possible resolution
- Advanced Communication skills including superior facilitation, presentation, and negotiating skills
- Versatile self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with superior attention to detail
- Broad business, organizational and operational knowledge across the Enterprise.
- Comfortable working at all levels of the organization
- Superior impact and influence skills to effectively engage and manage all stakeholders and recommend creative and strategic solutions
- Advanced problem Solving / Analytical Thinking Skills
- Can link project objectives and outcomes to business and enterprise strategies
- Operate with a Lean mind set determining a fit-for-purpose approach to drive rapid delivery excellence
- Experienced with Agile and PDLC Waterfall
- Project experience with regulatory EML, AML, CDIC, gender identity etc
- Customer focused
- 5+ years BA experience
- Experience working in Agile Environment
- 2+ years Regulatory project experience